If you intend to buy an item online/over the internet from Miami websites, or do online shopping in Miami, check out our tips to save time and money:
After reading this article, check out our tips about how to save a lot of money on your trip to Miami. It is the most accessed article on our blog and will help you with all the trip planning. There are several unmissable tips that will save you A LOT of cash and set up your entire trip to Miami.
Why shop online when in Miami?
There are several reasons why people prefer to shop online when in Miami:
- People who don’t like shopping and don’t want to go to the big malls and outlets in Miami;
- People who will stay for a few days and will not have time to shop;
- People who will stay in your native city and want to order something from someone who is going to travel to Miami, but don’t want to bother them – because, buying online, you just have to send it to the address where the person will be, without interfering in with their trip.
Another advantage of buying online is that you can research prices well and buy wherever it is cheaper. The downside is that you’ll have to pay shipping, but it’s not usually expensive. The fees charged for online purchases are the same as in Miami stores and you will also have to pay the 6% IOF charged by credit card for purchases in physical stores.
- Does online shopping work well for US tourists? The quality of service offered by virtual stores in the United States, which rarely delay and always deliver on time, and the preparation of hotels, which can usually receive purchases and orders made over the internet, are good points that make this solution worthwhile. The process works just fine and you will hardly have problems buying online in Miami.
- Extra recommendations: it is important, before buying, to send an email to the hotel asking if they receive packages. And, right after making the purchase, send another email confirming when it will arrive and your full name.
How and where to buy online in Miami?
To be able to buy online in the United States, you will need a credit card that is international. Always try to buy from the most popular online stores in the United States. There’s Amazon, which is the biggest and sells just about everything you can think of, EBAY, which is heavily used by Americans, and Best Buy, which specializes in electronics. These are the biggest online stores and they are absolutely trustworthy.
Insider tips for shopping in Miami
An important tip for those who go shopping in Miami is to always carry a wheeled suitcase or a large backpack when you go to malls and outlets, to carry the bags in a more practical way. In a few hours of shopping, you will be full of purchases, and it is not easy to carry them all day. Another tip is that, as Miami’ outlets, malls, beaches and sights are far apart, it is inevitable to rent a car – both to go to places and to carry purchases. If you want, see our article on how to rent a great and cheap car in Miami with everything you need to know about it.
Be careful: do not keep your purchases in the car while you continue shopping, because it’s not safe. Carry all the purchases with you until the end, and just put them in the car when it’s time to go. Also, after shopping, avoid stopping at other stores on the way or to eat. Always go straight to the hotel to save your bags.
How to use your phone at the shopping?
Being able to use your cell phone on your trip is something extremely useful. Shopping malls, parks and outlets have great applications, including some with discount coupons, which you only access on your cell phone. And, of course, with a phone you’re able to post photos, set meeting points with those who are shopping with you, check the weather forecast and even use the GPS, saving on the rental of this equipment for the car.
That’s why we’ve selected the best tips about how to use your phone at Miami and the USA, where we indicate the cheapest way to use it all day long and anywhere in the entire country. With the mobile internet, you can search everything about online shopping in Miami!
Tips to make the most of your trip to Miami
Now that you’ve seen everything about online shopping in Miami, a great tip that makes the difference on your trip is to choose the location of your hotel. Miami is a big city, and it’s so much better to stay in a region close to the main tourist spots. See our article best areas to stay in your trip to Miami to learn about the best regions to stay there and how to get a great hotel for an excellent price (and find good deals). You will stay in the best region, close to the beaches and shoppings, and enjoy even more your trip!
Don’t forget about the Travel Insurance for Miami!
A very important tip is to have an International Travel Insurance before traveling to Miami. No one should travel without it, so you can avoid major problems abroad! It ends up being cheaper than people think, and in our article of International Travel Insurance for Miami you check everything you need to know about it: which are the best insurance companies, and tips for hiring excellent coverage for a lower price, saving a lot.